Monday, May 9, 2016

Another One! Week 4!!

Well family and friends, 

 I've made it to the great state of Alaska, or
the Last Frontier as they like to call it. Alaska is amazing and I'm
excited to finally be in the field and get to work based on everything
I've learned over the course of time I spent at the MTC. I am trying
to keep my head up and dive into the work. I have such great support.
I just miss all of you back home so much and hope the best for your
guys. Plus my comp got sick so we were stuck in the apartment for 2
days with absolutely nothing to do but read scriptures.  It was rough
let's say I caught up on some much needed sleep.

My companions name is Elder Frey and he's super missionary and is
always and ready to work. Which can be a struggle because he jumps out
of bed at 6:30 and I tend to lounge for a bit and makes me feel bad,
but I'm not him haha. He's a super good example and very good trainer.
I'm blessed to have him and excited for the time to come.

Alaska..... Is amazing, so beautiful in every way. The mountains
remind me a lot of Utah and then of course there is the ocean which is
sweet. The craziest thing I saw or at least I thought was crazy there
was a huge moose just chillin out about 15-20 feet from our front door
and it was insane. He just laid out and sat there forever. Also the
sun is pretty sweet. It'll be 11:30-12:00 and the sky is still lit
with light and it looks like it's 4 or 5 o'clock, super crazy.

Being a missionary is the hardest thing that I have ever done, but I
know that it will be worth it. I know that as I continue to put the
work ahead of my own personal feelings, some day I will be so very
grateful. I want you guys to know that I love you guys and am always
praying for you. Just don't forget about your favorite missionary up
here. Cause I always think of all you amazing people in the Lower 48
😜                                                          






Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment