Monday, October 10, 2016

Birthday Week.... Week #26

Hey there,

This week has been fast. I don't feel like we did too much of anything. We got out and did some tracting and just really trying to meet people in the community. 

It was Elder Paces birthday on Tuesday and mine was on Saturday so it was a birthday week and we had a good one. On Saturday we went to lunch at a small place called the power house. It used to be a dynamite storage house for the railroad then later they turned it into a restaurant. The make really good cheeseburgers. Later we went over to the kinsmans who is a family in our branch. Elder Pace stole my moms email and gave it to her and she emailed my sweet mom and got all my favorites and she made/bought them for me we had a party it was so awesome it was a little piece of home here in Cordova.  They are an awesome family. Later that night we gave a lesson on the Book of Mormon for their son named jaqai and it went really well the spirit was so strong and we gave him a copy of the Book of Mormon with our testimonies written in it and he loved it. That family is so cool 😎 

All in all it was a super good birthday. A little weird not being able to spend it with my family and especially my sister. I love and miss her so much. At the same time it was one for the books and will be a memory that I'll have forever.

I really enjoy the branch here they are so awesome and good to us missionaries. The work here may be slow but it has been a really good experience for me and I'm excited to keep working hard and see the blessings that come from it.

On another note Elder Pace goes home in 9 days and I'm super excited for him. I sit and hear about his plans and his family getting exciting a part me feels like I'm going home with him. On the flip side Im the one that gets to stay in this beautiful place Cordova and as cool as going home would be right now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. This Friday I found out who my next companion is and then Monday I fly to anchorage and I'll probably be in anchorage until Thursday so I'm not exactly sure how it's going to go down but I'm excited.

One guy that we're working with that I want to talk about is Matt G. he is a return missionary who is less active. He doesn't really believe in god anymore. Low key he really does he just likes to party. Anyway he feeds us every Sunday and is super chill. I freakin love that guy. The funny thing is every time we go over there he always brings up the gospel in some way or another haha it's all he wants to talk about with us sometimes. So I don't know. Right now we are just trying to be his friend and be there for him. He's cool though!!

Time keeps rolling! I hit my 6 month mark this week and it has been crazy how fast time flies. One thing I hope for my mission is that the time doesn't  just pass and nothing changes. I want my mission to make me into the man God needs me to be. I want people to look at me in two years and see a difference. I hope on my mission I can put god first and allow him to change me but I have a lot of work to do and god needs a lifetime to shape my stubborn self but I'm giving him these two years so hopefully as I get to work so does he :)

I absolutely love my mission and wouldn't trade it for anything. The places I get to see are sometimes mind blowing. I mean I live in freakin Alaska where there are lakes and rivers everywhere. The moose and bears are seen on the daily yet I still haven't seen a bear sadly. The people I get to meet are amazing. The people I've served have made a difference in my life and I love them for the comfort and love I've felt from them. My mission is the best and I still get 18 months to be here in this awesome state having this crazy adventure.

Love you all so much😊

Elder Kayden M. Gentry
Alaska Anchorage Mission


No comments:

Post a Comment