Monday, November 14, 2016

THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES😏 Week #31

Hey people,

It's been a good week in Cordova. We basically did a ton
of service and I'm so sore, but it feels good to get out of the church
clothes every once in a while and put you shoulder to the wheel. Life
is good and I feel blessed, the branch up here is freakin awesome and
I love them!

So this week the the town had a native sobriety festival, where they
celebrate getting away from alcoholism because it has a huge impact up
here. So anyway we got to help serve the food all day and watch the
native dancing, which I'm being completely honest it is so weird. They
dance and yell and grunt and shake things just not my kind of
entertainment. It's cool though it sure beats tracting though. So
later they had this huge feast and I got to eat lots of cool food
which include the best Alaskan King Crab so I know my grandma is quite
jealous. Also got to eat Buffalo steak, Alaskan Shrimp, clams, and the
famous native Muck Tuck which is whale hide with blubber it was so
disgusting. Never have had anything worse in my mouth. It's like
chewing on a belt and then the blubber just mushed and gets in your
teeth and leaves a nasty film. 😷 I can say I have tried it though so
that's dope.

We had another game night on Friday and people actually showed up this
time so we played board games and had a good time except I completely
suck at board games and the members know it.  It has been fun though.

Cordova won't stop raining. I feel like it's been raining like three
days without stopping which kind of sucks but I'm getting used to it.
Makes me miss the desert of Utah haha. I look at pictures of Utah and
it looks so brown and dry which is weird cause I'm just used to seeing
all the green now that I've been up here for a little bit. I love
Cordova though transfers are coming up in two weeks so I hope I get to
stay.

7 months!!!😝😝 since I've started this journey and it's freakin blows
my mind crazy to think how fast time is going I can't believe it's
already the holidays again. Time just keeps moving along and I'm
excited for where my mission is going to take me and what is in store.

Today we might go hiking if the rain lets up just a little bit so
hopefully that will be awesome. We are going with a less active return
missionary named Matt Garner. This guy is a homie he's so awesome and
way funny.

Good news about the work. Last night we tracted into this guy who let
us in and actually told us he has already been reading the Book of
Mormon and said it makes sense so we taught a little bit more about
the Book of Mormon and invited him to read and pray about it. Then he
gave us his number so hopefully we can contact him and start teaching
him. Felt so good to actually get to teach again. Especially after the
struggle of the dry spell here in Cordova. I'm excited for the area
and hope we can get to work!!

Well that's about all I got. Life is simple and it is so good. Love you all

Deuces

Elder Kayden Michael Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission
                                                         Muck tuck 😷😷😷 (black is the hide, pink is the blubber)



No comments:

Post a Comment