Monday, December 12, 2016

Tellin You Y 🔥 Week #35

Well everyone, 

 I have made it another week and it has been a good one.
Here in Alaska!! It is getting pretty cold and the days are getting
darker and darker. The coldest I've seen it get here in Anchorage so
far is -10 and that's no fun to be in. The struggle with the dark is that I
just feel tired all the time. I don't know if it is my head or what,
but at the same time when the night does eventually get here I can't
sleep. I am also in the ghetto part of Anchorage so there isn't too
much Christmas spirit running around. We are sure to listen to
Christmas jams in our car because my companions and myself are
definitely in the Christmas mood.

The highlight of this last week was probably the Ward Christmas party
and it was lit. They had prime rib and lots of good food. On the other
hand we had 5 non members that we invited show up which was really
good to see them meet the members and making friends and having a good
time.

So a quick story which had me a little sketched out was we were
contacting a lady and we ended in this really run down apartment and
we knocked the door and the door behind us opened and then closed it
just as fast. Then the next thing we hear is mumbling, but we did hear
he word gun. So we were like yea let's get the heck out of here. So we
quickly walked back to the truck and left. It was crazy to see the
least. So that is my crazy story for the week.

The work here in Airport Heights is more than enough to keep us busy
which is nice to not worry how we are going to fill our day with
things to do.

I love this work and am so grateful for this time that I have to be
serving as a full time missionary. The lord has blessed me and has
helped me to grow in so many ways. I truly have a testimony that this
gospel brings peace and comfort to all of us in the hardest of times.
The savior in all reality sunk below us all, so he could lift all of
us up !

I hope you guys are all enjoying the Utah weather and that big yellow
ball in the sky☀️ cause I miss it, I love you all and hope that you
all are having a great Christmas season.  Keep it real

Elder

Kayden M. Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment