Monday, December 19, 2016

To Proud to Pout☀️ Week #36

Hey everybody,

So this is my first Christmas on the mission and it's weird. Haha I
feel like I should be home making popcorn balls and Christmas cookies
while watching the grinch and setting up the Christmas decorations.

I've been down lately because of how I think Christmas should be. In
reality though I have had an awesome Christmas season thus far. I had
the opportunity to go to the Sullivan arena which is where the
anchorage hockey team plays and we handed out Christmas toys and food
to less fortunate people. It was cool to interact and talk with them
and about their Christmas traditions. Also I've been able to share the
"light the World" Christmas video with so many people and to see the
gratitude they have shown me because of what I am doing really makes
me feel happy.

So Christmas might not be the same this year but is special. I love
the savior and am so glad that I get to the opportunity to celebrate
his birth by serving him and doing my best to help those here in
Alaska.πŸŽ…πŸΌπŸŽ…πŸ»

On another note this last week has been awesome. We have been working
with a girl named Danielle and she is on date for baptism on the first
Saturday in January and I'm so excited for her. She is happy and has
such a desire to be baptized.

That is one thing I love about the Mountain View Area is that people
are humble and willing to learn more about their savior. We stay
pretty busy and have a good time doing it. Mountain View is crazy
though. The other night I got super creeped out. There was this lady
that was just standing on the corner of the street. Then a half hour
later we drive by again and she was still there. We had to stop at the
stop sign and she was staring into my soul. I didn't know what to do
so I stared back. It was pretty intense then we drove away and never
looked back haha just crazy.πŸ˜‘

Soooo I found my love for Costco, and let me tell you why. So when I
first got to the area I spent all my money on like shampoo and razors
and stuff like that. Costco has a food court and it so good. They have
pizza and hotdogs and chicken bakes and the best part it is super
cheap. I got a slice of pizza a drink and a hotdog for like three
dollars and in Alaska that is unheard of. So Costco is this broke
missionary's go toπŸ•πŸŒ­

Sooo Alaska has been good to me and I'm excited for Christmas coming
and getting to celebrate it as a missionary. Life is good and God is
great.

I hope everybody is enjoying the holidays and having lots of fun.

Love always,

Elder Kayden M. Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission



No comments:

Post a Comment