Monday, January 23, 2017

Blankets ❄️❄️ Week #41

Hey Fam....

So this week has been pretty crazy and has been a lot of fun. So I love my mission. I have been out for 9 and 1/2 months, which blows my mind. I cannot believe it. In a sense I feel like time needs to slow down because I don't feel like I am accomplishing what I need to, but I guess I still have just under 15 months left so I'm going to get to work😝

So I don't know if any of you follow the weather up in Alaska, besides my mom but it has been chilly to say the least. On Wednesday it got to -17 degrees❄️ guess what we did that day, we went and shoveled snow and I have never been so cold in my life. I was honestly dying. I asked the guy who we were shoveling for if I could us the bathroom just so I could get into his house to warm upπŸ˜‚ eventually everyone made it into the house and he made us soup it was yummy!!

The very next day it was warmer I think about -5 and we were driving around and there was a guy out jogging. I was laughing so hard just because this guy was insane, I'm pretty sure if it were 30 I wouldn't be out running, but that's just me. πŸ˜

So Saturday was a crazy day, first thing we had interviews with our mission president and that went really well except over night it snowed like 8 inches, probably more I'm not sure, but just getting to the office was crazy we could barely see. After the interviews because my companion and I were the last ones to be interviewed they took us to AppleBees. It was super cool to sit and eat lunch with them and get to talk with them. Funny thing happened, so when I was taking a bite into my sandwich I felt some weird texture and the Mission President's wife started laughing and I looked and they forgot to pull off the paper off the cheese. It was pretty funny and then about ten minutes later the same thing was in President Robinsons sandwich haha but he actually ate quite a bit of the paperπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ it was so hilarious. 

Later in the day we got a text from our zone leaders telling us that church would be cancelled due to all the snow, and to limit our driving on the roads as much as possible. So Sunday was pretty cool. We actually got to call into the Bush branch which is where they hold sacrament over the phone which is normally for the small villages in Alaska. Where people can basically go to church where there are no chapels. It was a neat opportunity and we also got to perform the sacrament in our apartment and it was a cool experience. So Sunday wasn't a too productive day but we tried to stay busy with what we could.

Something else I wanted to share is we have been doing this cool service at the local Rec Center. We go and volunteer to make dinner for the kids that are 17 and younger. It's pretty fun we go and just do what they tell us to do and make meals for the kids. It's a sweet service and cool to help out the community.

Something I've been studying lately is just the life of Joseph Smith and the life he lived. Truly was a man of God! He sacrificed so much so that we could have the gospel in our lives today to continue to bless us and our families so that we can be together forever. How sweet is that!!✍🏻

So sorry about last weeks email was still sick and quite frankly in a bad mood, my mom and my sisters kind of told me to do better so I hope this email does the job!! Anyway I am feeling a lot better I was sick for almost three weeks and that is no fun but this week was a lot better. I hope you guys forgive me πŸ˜‰

Well anyway today is P day of course and we are going bowling as a district and probably play some basketball later so I'm going to bounce✌️


Well I love all of you guys so much and hope your week goes great! Keep The Faith πŸ‘Œ

πŸ’› Elder Kayden M. Gentry


Here are some photos of the snow and stuff!!!!
January 2017 Alaska 
So much SNOW 

No comments:

Post a Comment