Monday, February 13, 2017

Got A Grip on the Situation­čśÄ week #43

Hey Fam,

So this week has been really good. I have a had a really awesome time
here in the mountain view area of Anchorage. The transfers are ending
this week and I'm super nervous to see what happens. Both my companion
and I got the area at the same time so we don't know who is going to
be leaving. Plus a little birdie told me that Cordova is going to be
opening again so I'm crossing my fingers, but in reality two other
lucky missionaries will be going down there haha. So  keep me in your
prayers and let's hope for the best!

So something cool this week is we got to do service for the Iditarod,
which is the huge dog sled race in Alaska for those of you who don't
know what that is. We basically unloaded three semi trucks full of
straw for the dogs bedding. It was so tiresome. It reminded me of back
in the day bucking hay out on the farm ;) it was cool, they gave us
these super cool hats but I wasn't reppin mine in the pic :/

We saw a moose.... that's was cool. We were going to the church and
this big moose was just chillin in the parking lot so we decided to
chase it down for a minute which probably wasn't the smartest thing
but I only got the one really bad photo. It was sweet though.

So lately we have been teaching these 10 year old Sudanese girl named
Naideng. She is super smart and so ready for baptism. Her mom is a
less active member and we're hoping Naideng example will help the mom
with her testimony. We put her on date to be baptized on March 4 so
that is super exciting. Honestly love the glow that this girl has.
Just glad that I have had the opportunity to meet her. Hopefully I
will be here for her baptism!

So... nothing to crazy going on around here. I have been reading a
book called Jesus the Christ and man half of the stuff that comes out
of it goes right over my head..... just some really big words are used
I'm pretty sure I'm in the dictionary more than the actual book ­čôÜ but
the book is super good. It tells about Christ and his life in like
extreme detail.

Well I love all of you people a lot and hope that you have a wonderful
Valentine's Day, At least I have an excuse to not have a valentine
this year, so that's good. Haha anyway everyone have a sweet week and
remember the important things, like family :)

Keep the faith

Elder Kayden M. Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission
District pic at the Iditarod service.



Moose at the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment