Monday, February 27, 2017

I'm in my Element 💯 Week #45 February 27, 2017

Hey

So this week has been pretty crazy. I dropped Elder Parks off on
Tuesday and he headed to Palmer and got started in his new area. I was
with Elder Davis for the day and we had a good time and tried to stay
productive...

Wednesday we went to the chapel and received some trainings and that's
when I got my new Companion. His name is Elder Bauers. He is 24 and is
from spirit Lake Idaho. Which is about 2 hours south of the Canadian
Border. He is super cool and we are hopefully going to be having a lot
of fun here in the Airport Heights area.

Wednesday I also got to go to the Temple which was really cool. I got
to go with on of my first Zone Leaders, Elder Shurtz, he just went
home last week and it was a cool experience to go with him. I love
that guy he is such a good guy with a big heart. He helped me a lot in
the beginning of my mission.

The rest of the week we have been super busy and have been doing lots
of good work and having lots of lessons which is good for Elder
Baures. I feel like we spend a lot of time in the apartment doing all
the extra studies that come with training which I don't necessarily
enjoy, but it does us both a lot of good on helping us to become
better.

They had the big Fur Ronda festival the other night and we went and
tried to talk to as many people as we could. It was kind of
intimidating because there was just so many people. We did get to talk
to a lot cool people and heard some cool stories. We also saw some
pretty cool sculptures and I snagged a few pics. The festival was for
the Iditarod races that are starting up next week and we are going to
be doing service so that will be cool.

So everybody keeps asking me what it's like to be training a new
missionary and honestly it just feels like I have a new companion.
That's it and maybe that's good haha. It's nice to have a little
change up here cause I'm locked down here for another 3 months which
is awesome. I'm excited though because the work is good.

My brother Jordan goes home from his mission in like 2 days.  Blows my
mind how quickly time has gone by. So shout out to him for completing
his mission. Hope he has a lot of fun in the next couple of days he
deserves it. As for me I will serve the lord for another 14 months
baby!!

Well everyone I hope you all have a good week, I know all my family
will with the long waited return of my brother. Haha I'm jealous but
it's all good. Love you all have a blessed time!!

Keep the faith

Elder Kayden M. Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission









No comments:

Post a Comment