Monday, May 15, 2017

Great White North πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦ Week # 56 5/15/2017 (Day after Mothers Day)

Hey everybody so it's been another week out here in the mission and it
has been good. This was my last week with Elder Baures and we have
killed it...

We had lessons with Michael and he is still progressing and we are
working on getting him married so that he can be baptized. We had to
move his date back but that's okay. Glad I was here to help him.

We had lessons with Michael and he is still progressing and we are
working on getting him married so that he can be baptized. We had to
move his date back but that's okay. Glad I was here to help him.

Another brother in our ward is getting baptized this coming Saturday. I have  been working with him since I got here and am so grateful to
hear that he will be getting to be baptized. I'm so happy for him and
his family.

This week we also did quite a bit of service over at the Kids kitchen
and also just helped an investigator move and also a family in the
ward move.  It was nice because it has been really sunny.

So Wednesday we got the opportunity to go to the Temple and it was
awesome. I love going to the temple. Nice to kind of just let all you
worries go and just enjoy the session and get to feel the spirit that
is there.

Speaking about the sun I think we are about up to 17 hours of daylight
which is crazy I freakin love it. The sun keeps me going so I'm glad
it's back.

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I got to talk to my amazing mother! I'm
so grateful for her and all that she does for me. She has truly been
one of the biggest blessings of my life. I love you mom so much. Plus
happy Mother's Day to all you other amazing mothers you guys keep the
world round :)

Soooo transfers are here. We got a call and I'm headed to Canada,
Whitehorse more specifically. Our mission covers the state of Alaska
and the Yukon Territory in Canada. Although we only have one
companionship out there. So I will be getting to go and I'm stoked. So
on Tuesday I fly out to Juneau and spend the night there. Then I jump
on the ferry the next morning which is about 6 and half hours to
Skagway! Then from there it's about a three hour drive to Whitehorse.
I'm super excited to go and do something new. Except we will be out
there all by ourselves. It will probably a lot like Cordova again.
I'll be about 700 miles from my  Mission President.

So yea I'm pretty excited. Elder Baures is staying here in AP Heights
and is going to be serving with Elder Judd. I'm a little jealous
because Elder Judd is like one of my best friends on the mission. He
was my Zone leader when I was in Wasilla at the beginning of my
mission. So that's going to be super sweet for them.

Well that's all I got life is good and things are happening. So glad
to be out here in Alaska and pretty soon Canada. Wish me luck I love
you all!!

Love always

Elder Kayden M. Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission




No comments:

Post a Comment