Monday, May 1, 2017

Pursuit of happiness 😏 Week #54 5/01/2017

So another week has come and Gone here in the Alaska Anchorage Mission.
I have two more full weeks training Elder Baures. That's crazy how
quickly these two transfers have flown by. Time just seems to keep
picking up. I have had so much fun these last two transfers and we
have worked hard...

Just yesterday we were teaching jay and jennifer who are two people we
tracted into about a month ago and we have been teaching them.
Yesterday we taught them the plan of salvation and we read from the
Book of Mormon and we actually put them on date for the 3rd of June.
So that's super exciting.

So as of right now we have three people on date and two other
progressing investigators and just about a month and half ago we had
lost our entire teaching pool. The lord has really blessed us. Sadly,
most likely  I won't be here to help these people completely reach
baptism but I will be able to get them mostly there. I'm happy that
Elder Baures will be here to finish it off. He's an awesome
missionary. I freakin love the guy!

So Tuesday we had Zone Conference and that was really fun. Elder
Baures and I actually had to give a training on inviting people to
read the Book of Mormon. It went really well. I was kind of nervous
but it was good. This zone Conference was all about the Book of Mormon
and the importance it has in Conversion. I love the Book of Mormon. I
actually just finished it again and am starting back in first Nephi
tomorrow haha.

Wednesday I went on exchanges with Elder Vaioa who is a Samoan and we
were in the Dimond Samoan ward. It was fun. I love Elder Vaioa. He is
the funniest guy ever. We didn't get to do much work because he had
physical therapy and then our lessons cancelled.  We did end up doing
some service though and that good.

On Saturday Anchorage was doing a city wide clean up and our ward
participated so in the morning we went and picked up trash and that
was fun. For the most part we picked up alcohol and a lot of Red Bull
cans for some reason but we found some cool stuff hah. Afterwards we
went to back to the chapel and our ward had a big BBQ. It was really
good. I ate like two hamburgers and some pasta salad and then lots of
chips. It was fun. Our ward is he bomb.

Things our good here in AP Heights I'm excited to keep workin and
finish these last two weeks here hard and give Elder Baures lots of
work to do when I'm gone. Life is good and the Lords work Keeps
pressing Forward...

Have a great week I love you all

Elder Kayden Michael Gentry

Alaska Anchorage Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment