Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Good Life๐Ÿ˜Ž Week #58 05/29/2017

Hey everybody!! I can't believe it's already been another week. This
week has been good. Nothing too crazy or exciting has happened but it
was good.

Something I forgot to write about last week was here in Whitehorse we
get a lot of travelers that come to church because lots of people
driving the Alcan going to Alaska. There was a older couple that
visited last week. Their names were Tony and Ellen Western. They told
me they were from Monroe and I told them that I have family that lives
there and I told them about my aunt Mary and apparently they are next
door neighbors and they know each other... what a small world๐Ÿ˜‚

Well we have been out trying to talk to as many people as we can.
Everyday we walk the streets and just try to find new people that
would be interested. I'm not really the biggest fan of doing it one
because most of the time it's super awkward and most people want
nothing to do with us, but there are some really cool people too.
Yesterday we met this guy who is a member and hasn't been to church
since he was 20 and he is in his 30s. He invited us over for dinner
and to share the good word with him so hopefully we can get him coming
back to church.

We've seen lots of cool miracles because of it... we still have to two
people on date and we are continuing to help them to progress and get
there. I'm excited for them and am glad that I get to help them.

The work here in Canada is a lot slower than Anchorage. It's a lot
like Cordova and so I'm trying to adjust back to that. Just trying to
find cool ideas to have fun and stay productive during the times were
not teaching.

I love the members here. They are sweet. There is one family the
Tanners who are awesome. The Dad Is pretty young like 33 or something
his name is Kevin and they are a blended family. He is sweet he
reminds me a lot of my brothers so it's fun to hang with him and he's
a branch missionary so that's cool.

Well that's all I got so have a good week..

Love always

Elder Gentry

No comments:

Post a Comment